You are one year old PAISLEY! How is this possible??
- At your one year appointment you weighed 19 pounds 2 ounces (16th percentile) and were 29 inches long (42 percentile). I think your petite-ness from your momma is finally catching up with you.
- You have gotten much more hair this past month and even have a few curls forming at the base of your neck. We'll see if you end up straight like Momma or Curly like Daddy or Gramps.
- You took your first steps about a week before your first birthday and it didn't stop there. You have kept us busy chasing you ever since then! You still crawl some but I think it's only because you are more confident (and a lot faster!).
- STILL no teeth!
- We are beginning to wean you from breast-milk and transition you to whole milk slowly. So far, you are not very keen on the whole milk! You are still a really good eater. Some new favorites this month included cheese toast and vegetable soup....oh, and birthday cake!! You also still love your old favorites- bananas, sweet potatoes and puffs!
- Your favorite toys this month were your new pink car and your piano. You're also learning to 'love' on your baby dolls which melts Momma's heart to see.
- You've noticed your puppy dogs now and you LOVE them. Anytime you are upset, we ask if you want to go see your 'woof woof's' and you light up immediately. You are even trying to imitate their bark now and it's so cute.
- You are beginning to wave 'bye-bye' more. It melts my heart every morning when I leave you for work.
- You continuing to love music more and more and have started to 'dance' a bit which is SOOO cute.
It really does seem like only yesterday Dr. Beck was placing you on my chest for the first time. It makes Momma sad that you are growing so fast but I know there are so many special moments we will experience as you hit new milestones. This has truly been one of the best years of our lives and we are so grateful God chose us to be your parents.
Love you SOOOOOOO much-
Momma and Da-da