Monday, March 21, 2011

Baby Hayes- Coming in October

In case you didn't already know... Yes, we're pregnant! I know I have been a terrible blogger but I promised several faraway friends and family (cough....Jennifer!) that I would do a better job during pregnancy and keep them updated.
I got a positive home pregnancy test on February 5...I was barely 4 weeks! My doctor still can't believe I got one so fast but I did. We had a little scare in the beginning with some spotting and what not but on February 24th we got to see a precious, strong heartbeat and a wiggly little baby! I was so relieved! Before going in for that ultrasound, I really hung on to these two verses...
"Be still and know that I am God!" Psalm 46:10
"So I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours." Mark 11:24
For those of you who know me well, you may recall I had a miscarriage last May. It was a rough time for me but God used it to teach me so much and reminded me that His plans are perfect. Yes, it made this pregnancy a little scary but God has been working on my heart and teaching me to completely trust Him. I went in to the ultrasound that day knowing that whatever we saw- heartbeat or none- that I had to trust in Him.
We truly are praising the Lord for this baby and I completely give the praise and glory to Him!
Now for all the other details that people want to know...
When are we do? October 18th, 2011!!
How have I been feeling? I must say I feel blessed. Other than being extremely tired for the past 5 weeks, I have felt great! I have had no morning sickness and as long as I eat a little snack mid-morning and mid-afternoon to keep my blood sugar up, I haven't even been that nauseous.
What do we think we're having? I have no idea but I cannot wait to find out! We'll find out mid-May but it seems most friends and family are team boy :)
Thanks for sharing in our excitement and we ask for your prayers for a continued healthy, normal pregnancy. We are so excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment